LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shekhar (proietor)     15 October 2011

Debit card

i paid money for petrol by debit card. state bank charged me 2.5% surchage. i made a complaint by mail to sbi asking "let me know by wich law , act or legal notifications you have charged this surcharge.  secondly do you have mentioned this charge in the list of bank chages published on your web site? "   but no reply from bank. now i am filling aplication under rti  asking fact.. pls let me know if anyone knows the detail.

Learning

3 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     15 October 2011

SBI is correct in charging fuel surcharge this is charged on many cards some premium cards offer reversal of Surcharge but on normal cards it is charged.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 October 2011

You may refer to the brochure/any other printed material bank might have displayed before you applied for debit card, and detailed brochure guidelines, list of charges supplied with debit card, and check if petrol transaction charges are listed. You can take up the matter with  BM of your branch and he may reverse the charges or provide you the schedule of charges. You can also write to the nodal officer of the bank.

SURESH GODBOLE (ADVOCATE)     27 October 2011

I do not feel THEY SHOULD CHARGE YOU ON    DEBIT CARD .  ON CREDIT CARD THEY CAN . 

Pl look at your Bank Statement , whether there is any reversal or it has been charged 2.5% . If there is no overdraft being done on that date , They should not charge , its a mere transfer of funds from Your Account to Petrol Companys Account or Pet Pumps Account.

But stll if they have given you in writing (at the reverse of the Bill , if it comes that this will be charged for Petrol ) then you will be charged .

Go and ask personally Your Branch Manager , he will help you .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register