Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin (Law)     15 February 2013

Debate on marital rape on ibnlive

Debate on Marital Rape on iBnLive

youtube.com/watch?v=td3vvoddb6s

After watching this Debate on Marital Rape i would like to give some suggestions to Mens Rights group.

After watching this video you can clearly see how these 2 Women are dominating the entire show and they are very well prepared and on the other hand we see the 2 Men from Mens right are talking only about 498a and going out of discussion and in such discussion one should be wll prepared and not make notes and read the points.

Most of the victims of gender biased laws are men who are highly educated then why not the Mens right group be represented by someone who is really good over the command over English and Hindi and also at the same time talk to the point?

I see that finally it was the Women who was hosting the show was fighting for men.

The women want separate laws for every crime and i think there should be no problem if we make one more law and also there is no need to scrap 498a but the important point is:

What is definition of cruelty as per 498a and DV ? If it mentions physical and mental cruelty then in physical cruelty one has to first get proof with body marks and get a certificate from approved government Dr. that the physical cruelty was caused by someone else and not self implicated.In case of mental cruelty get a certificate from physchiatrist and only after the cruelty is proved then only make the arrest not just by verbal filing of FIR.

Also when someone reports theft the police does not make immediate arrest without getting proof them way in IPC 406 also the law should state that recover the article and only with proof then make the arrest.

Now there is no problem in accepting Marital rape but in this case also one has to get certificate from recognised Dr. that the rape has occured and with marks and testing it can be medically proved if its a rape or consual s*x.

I believe Mens right group should fight for not scraping the law entirely but try to amend the law so none of the innocent gets punished and i think in this case no one will have problem.But if you keep fighting the law be scraped then nothing going to happen.

Also most important the law should immediately exclude family members when there is problem between husband and wife.If even a terrorist gets arrested his family is not being arrested with him then why family being punished when husband wife having problem?

All the Best

Learning

1 Replies

Puneet (Victim)     17 February 2013

Thank you Nitin for mentioning those points.

This is to inform all that Parliament budget session going to start from February 21 and inclusion of Marital Rape is being discussed in this as there is tremendrous pressure from Women Organisations.

This is another 498a in making and we have to stop this so there is a protest being organised outside the Parliament against such gender biased laws and we expect everyone to support us and make gender neutral laws.

If possible please bring your own banner with best slogan in Hindi or English.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register