Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shankar (Professor)     21 August 2010

Death due to husbands torture

Hi,

I am Shankar. I have few queries and please someone help me in that.

One of my friends sister got married to a guy (On January 2007). It was a love cum arranged marriage. After that , she was not at all happy. First it was due to the tortures which her in-law gave and later it was due to her husbands tortures and his extramarital affairs. She warned him and requested him for all that. But he was such a idiot doing all these things and warn her, if you tell this to others i will take my child and will kill you.

He has many time asked her to die and leave him, so that he will continue his relation with his new lover and even he can marry his new love.

Moreover, from the beginning he scolded and tortured his wife for cash and properties. He wanted her to get a car and it was my friends sisters who pays the loan amount for her husbands luxury. Also, he got as much as money from his in-law(her father).

His extramarital affairs was with his colleauge. She actually insisted and created many problems in this family inorder to take all his money.

We have given a case for this and initially it was mentioned that Section 174 has been given and as this a case which happened within 7 years of marriage RD enquiry will play the important role.

Sister's family was enquired by the RDO and looks like the section has been altered to Section 306 /493. But we didn't receive the new FIR copy from police. Looks like its on hold due to some pressure from their end.

But till this blessed moment, the police have not arrested the victim/husband. Not even an enquiry was forced on him or on his family. We doubt the action performed by them.

So what should be the next step, which we need to take, inorder to punish him.

Regards,

Shankar.

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     21 August 2010

File private complaint in the court.

Deekshitulu.V.S.R (B.Sc, B.L)     21 August 2010

wait for some time. If not take the step suggested by Rajeev

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register