25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vamsidhar (Owner)     24 December 2015

Dealing with cyber bullying in apartments


I live in an apartment complex in Bangalore. Time and again one individual has attempted to corner anyone who has expressed an opinion that doesn't align with his own thinking. He uses very foul language to attack others and particularly me. All this happens over our apartment's email group. In our busy lives this email groups serves as the sole medium for group communication. This individual also keeps pointing out to the bye-law provisions to corner people who express their opinion.

What action can I as an individual take to restrain this individual. I have raised this with the association but they seem to be unconcerned. I don't want to take any strict action but would like to warn this individual in the most appropriate way possible without causing disputes.

Please note that our welfare association is still not registered.




 3 Replies

Adv.Yashwardhan Tiwari (Advocate IPR Associate )     25 December 2015

You can send legal notice to warn him as per provision of law applicable thorugh lawyer 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 January 2016

You can take any legal action against him only when you are affected directly by him through his acts, if not nothing is maintainable.  In fact this is not a legal question at all, this is a matter arising out of trivial issues in the local which should be handled out of your prudence  or by discussing the issue with other affected people about the what can be done or ignore him and mind your own business. .

Vamsidhar (Owner)     03 January 2016

What do you mean by "affected directly". If I was not affected directly in any manner why would I even post this question?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query