LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

legalgal (Associate)     24 May 2010

Dealing with CBI - HELP

My uncle's gas agency was recently raided by CBI when he was not in the country. The manager had been handling the affairs for a long time, and the manager was involved in major black marketing in his absence, and they found alot of discrepancies. They have taken alot of records, and some solid evidence in their hands, and since the ownership is in his name, he'll be held responsible.

Does anyone know what is the procedure of CBI?

What will be their next step after this raid? Will they file a chargesheet? Will they summon him, issue warrant?  Everyone in the family is really scared. We are also looking to hire a good criminal lawyer for the matter, any recommendations? 

Learning

2 Replies

Anmol Sharma (advocate)     24 May 2010

I do not know but my experience with CBI is a very disappointing one. they have created a mess in Kashmir, where I live.

But you can after consulting your lawyer give a representation to the CBI and can also meet personally their SSP etc and tell how your uncle is innocent.

Otherwise they can do all what you apprehend.

I hope I answered your question.

MOHANA SUNDARAM (Advocate High court Madras. M-9840908555)     27 May 2010

first you verify whether CBI has registered any case against your uncle. if yes, it is better to get anticipatory bail and to face the case.

Procedure of CBI is nothing different from police.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register