LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pinaki bhattacharya (manager)     19 June 2015

Dda flat extension

Dear Sir

me and my wife owns a DDA LIG flat at DELHI. In our pocket owners are extending their balcony attached with Drawing room  to make a small room or exten the Drawign room from inside . Seeign the treand we have intitiaed a construction to exten our 3rd floor balcony and 4th foor balcony (with permission of 4th /Top floor owner-Jointly ) . Now the DDA people are  asking for bribe othrewise they will send a notice to us . Almost 50 flats in the pocket has already done the extenson By paying or not paying to DDA.

kindly advise what action can be taken to make it approved and what action DDA can take if i do not pay bribe ?



 4 Replies

sanjeev murthy desai (Advocate)     19 June 2015

Paying a bribe is an offcence.Kindly file a application with modified plans for regularise unauthorised construction if it is permissable under DDA.

Pinaki bhattacharya (manager)     20 June 2015

This is a freehold property ...

sanjeev murthy desai (Advocate)     20 June 2015

Freehold or lease hold does not make any differance with respect to the regularisation of unauthorised construction issue.



Nikhil   15 March 2016

Hi, I need some regarding a well known issue with illegal flat extension.

I live at 3rd floor on DDA MIG flats, the guy living on 1st floor has extended his balcony from each side and created some space for an extra room as well.

Now when i am asking do the same, he is not allowing me, what can be done ??

Please help !


Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil Aggarwal


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query