LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Kaushik   05 September 2016

DC and dowry

Today my sister got a notice from family court, saket from her husband.....but our case is still going on in women cell in East Delhi.....so can he file a case for divorce while the case is still with women cell.....if yes, what should b our next step

Learning

12 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     05 September 2016

Yes he can.file a reply to his notice

Sidharth   05 September 2016

Ys, divorce and CAW cell proceedings can go simentaniously. Divorce case is legal bounding on both the parties whereas proceedings of CAW Cell are voluntary.

But the date written in the notice for verification in 22nd may 2015 This is absolutely wrong date... What does this mean and can we take action against this

Sidharth   05 September 2016

Originally posted by : Deepak Kaushik
But the date written in the notice for verification in 22nd may 2015

This is absolutely wrong date...

What does this mean and can we take action against this

Please clarify what do you mean by wrong date??

Date of verification....

Date of verification....

Date of verification....

Date of verification....

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     06 September 2016

The husband can file petition for divorce anytime, no bar on him on the ground that the wife filed a complaint with women cell of the police.

The Family Court has higher authority than the women cell of police as its the Family Court that will decide if the marriage has to continue or dissolved by decree of divorce.

People give uneccessary importance to Police authroities and the women cell etc. for the matrimonial disputes whereas the right forum for that if Family Court.

What the police doing is making fool of general public in these type of disputes and being educated one should not go arround these forums, wasting time and money.

File a defence in Family Court, Saket against the divorce petition, seek maintenance and litigation expenses during pendency of the divorce proceedings.

The husband will not be getting the dissolution of marriage by decree of divorce on platter, rather it will be most difficult task in such litigation where sucess rate is extremly low unless both parties agree for divorce by mutual consent.

Deepak Kaushik   06 September 2016

Sir, few information in notice is not correct. I.e, date of verificarion and educational qualification of my sister

Deepak Kaushik   06 September 2016

Sir, few information in notice is not correct. I.e, date of verificarion and educational qualification of my sister

Vibha   06 September 2016

You can point out these defects in your written statement to court. Court will give you ample opportunity to raise objections.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register