LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prof.vadivel (director)     17 February 2014

Daughters right in the ancestors property in tamilnad

my father's father(paternal grand father) has left few properties which was all his self earned with out any will. His  sons and daughters had partitioned the properties mutualy and my father was allotted a property thru a legal partition document.

now my father has also left his property with out any will and died in the yr 2001. we r five brothers and six sisters. my mother also died in the yr 2004.

out of six sisters four were married before feb 1989.

two sisters were married after feb 1989.

plz confirm whether the sisters married before 1989 have any legal rights in the ancestors property.

we belong to Tamilnad.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Yes. As per the Hindu Succession Amended Act, 2005 even the daughters will have the same rights in the coparcenary property as she would have had if she had been a son. Provided that it shall not affect or invalidate any disposition or alienation including partition or testamentary disposition of property which had taken place before the 20th day of December, 2004.

prof.vadivel (director)     18 February 2014

sir

some say that the daughters who r married before 25th March 1989 are not eligible for sharing the ancestors property.. hw for this valid??

Anil Upadhyay (Lawyer)     18 February 2014

It not effect the right to claim share in property where no will is present, whether daughters are married before or after 1989... only provision is for disposition or alienation including partition or testamentary disposition of property....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register