Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nonprowth1 (None)     13 January 2015

Daughter threatening to file case against father/mother

I don't know which category  this comes under .

Here is the scenario , 

My daughter(35) has previous 2 failed marriages . After that for last 5 years she was staying with us and doing hand loom business . We looked after her with all care and also tried to find a suitable groom .But due to 2 divorces it was difficult .She earned some money and she made some gold ornaments and clothes with that money .

Now one boy came to see my daughter and he also had 2 failed marriages . The boy's last marriage divorce was not final yet but he didnt tell the truth at that time  . He is a lawyer and belongs to affluent family . We came to know the truth about the boy (his character from previous wife, his intentions of live in relationship etc . So we rejected the proposal . But now the boy influenced my daughter in wrong ways and encouraged her to stay with him in live in relationship . He has filled her brain with all wrong things (your parents are responsible for your earlier failed marriages , they dont want to see you happy .and they are very bad people etc etc ) and now my daughter has left us to stay with him in live in relationship against our consent .

Because of this we were very angry on her and decided not to give any of her things . Now she and that boy are threatening us that they will put us in jail (recorded on call) if the things are not given . They also told that they will file a case on the grounds that we (parents) destroyed that girls life  by inventing some fake claims .

We are planning to give all her things to her . But we are not sure if this will stop after this . Again they can come and ask for other things and threaten with the fake claims .  

How to make sure that after receiving all her things they dont interfere in our life ever again ?

I dont know what to do . It would be great if you could guide me in this ordeal . 


 9 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     13 January 2015

Take every thing in writing that your daughter have taken all her belongings from you house.

1 Like

nonprowth1 (None)     13 January 2015

Thank you Adv Archana for quick reply . 

She has already provided a list of all her belongings and agreed to give  in writing once she receives it .

My question is, can she wrongfully claim again for other things and also file a fake case against us ? 

Can we get this in writing to not to harass us further with any fake claims ?

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     13 January 2015

She cannot claim anything that belongs to you. As far as filing fake cases is concerned, then when you take from her every thing in writing, then get it properly drafted and ask her to sign it so that complications may not arise in future. A lot depends upon what is written and how it is. 

1 Like

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     13 January 2015

Take the receiving in writing of all the things which you will return her in front of atleast two witnesses with sig. and date , write in that she had received / taken all her things nothing left with you .
1 Like

naveen arya (member)     14 January 2015

Plz consult any known lawyer, who can draft everything in writing, so that it will never create any problem in future. It is very important, don't take it lightly. It can be beginning of blackmailing.
1 Like

nonprowth1 (None)     25 January 2015

Hello All,

When we talked to her about this , she told us that she will only give this in writing that she has received all the belongings and nothing else . So we sense that she can again start blackmailing us . And also this business was started by my wife and she used to work 80% for this business . But the daughter is asking for all the things along with my self earned car without negotiating . Hence we came to know her true intentions 

Now she has gone to a police station and file a complaint against us . The police sub inspector called my bother in law(she has written his name as he was the mediator )  today to inquire regarding this and ask him to come to the police station but he is also out of station right now .

We are out of station currently  as my son is suffering from kidney stones . We cannot come home now as we are 1500 kms away and my son's health is not good ..

We dont know what to do ? we are very much afraid about this whole situation as we have never visited police station once in my life .

My questions is can she lawfully claim all this things ? Will police consider this case seriously after knowing her live in status with a married man ?

Should we give the newspaper notice about disowning her and also a complain to the police regarding this that she is living  with a married man and she is doing all things under his influence . We didnt take this step earlier because we thought that nobody's reputations has to suffer . But now things are different 

It would be great if you can provide some useful advise .

nonprowth1 (None)     26 January 2015

Any help will be deeply appreciated

praveen kumar (LEGAL MANAGER)     06 February 2015

Sir ,

take help from any good lawyer and do not be afraid of POLICE. you have not done any thing wrong or criminal here. you can search a lawyer from this site as well and get the best help from a professional.

nonprowth1 (None)     16 February 2015

Hello All, After giving the complaint, my daughter and her live in boyfriend (who is an advocate ) broke our house lock and started staying there. We were not present as we came to attend my son's operation. She told the police that she was already staying there and so when we called 100 number, police didn't stop her from entering my home. So we had to come back to the hometown and we went to police station and decided to settle the case. The police officer and lawyer also suggested the same . So when we went to settle first time, she told us that she will not give anything in writing except that she has received her things. So lawyer suggested that she might blackmail again. So we asked for more time but she forced the police officer to take her fir . The whole fir was fabricated with lies. ipc sections like 420,406,417,323,120B,342,380,384.She also threaten us in front of police that if you come to stay at the house she will beat us.police are also taking her side as she has filed the complaint. Now the police are investigating the case and we don't have any place to stay for past 15 days. We are senior citizens but still police are not helping to claim our house back. It would be great if someone could guide me ffurther?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query