LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ESWAR (Sr Sales Manager)     28 June 2012

Daughter's rites on self acquired property

I am planning to purchase Agricultural land near Bangalore. I have selected one land & the owner of the land is self aquired property which was earned by him and not ancestral property. Actually he was former and forming in this land since 20 years and taken this property through Court degree from his owner and court declared as the property belongs to the present owner. 

Now he want to sell this property , he has 3 daughters & wife . he says that his family is against selling property & during registration nobody is going to present. This is the background. The seller says that since the property is not ancestral , and got it from his own ( Being a  former he got it frm his ex emplyer throgh court ) and he has all rites to sell with out his family signing .

MY QUESTION IS , WHETHER THE SELLER'S FAMILY CAN CLAIM THEIR RITES IN FUTURE AND TROUBLE ME ? wHAT RITES THEY HAVE TO TROUBLE ME?

Note : ACtually my father 's is buying who is also farmer and has income lessthan 1 lack per annum.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     28 June 2012

IF the property is self acquired out of own funds, and not any funds proceeding from sale of ancestral property or joint family funds - then there is nothing that the seller's relative can do.

ESWAR (Sr Sales Manager)     28 June 2012

Thanks u Sir. In this case the seller has not purchases but got it as a farmer ( through Court degree from his owner) . Is this considered as self aquired ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register