Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Savitha (software)     06 December 2020

Daughter's right in father's self earned property

Dear All,

Need advices on Property right on Father's self earned property. I married and separated. What will be my right in my father's self earned property. I have a brother married, and Nephew.  Will i (daughter) get 50% in my father's property. share. Plz suggest.  

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     06 December 2020

The property is your father's self-acquired, he can do it as he wishes. No one has right over the property. so you cannot get any share in the property.  

Shashi Dhara   07 December 2020

No you don't get right over self acquired property.

Dibyakanti Modak   09 December 2020

No right till he is alive. once your father dies without any will then only the property will be divided between you and your brother. both will get 50% shre. But considering the current situation you don't have any right

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 December 2020

You are a legal heir to the father's property left intestate, i.e. not covered by a Will, if any, executed by  the father. During his lifetime, no one has a subsisting right in the property and he has the absolute right to dispose the property at his discretion.

Savitha (software)     15 December 2020

Dear All,

Thanks for the advice. My parents stay with me. I take care of them. My father is ready to give 50% to Me and 50% to my brother. Still my brother wants the entire property in his Name. Now will i get 50% property in my name. After my parents pass away. or the entire property will go to my nephew. Who does not even stay with us from past 18yrs, Plz suggest. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register