LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manik (con)     31 January 2012

Daughter's right in father property


I need some information, regarding daughter right in father property.

My grandfather(mother's father) has his self earned properties, its not ancestar property. My mother has 1 sister and 2 brothers.

my grandfather had died 4 years ago, last year my uncle's took properties equally, no share to sisters. And there is no wil from my grandfather. They went to registration office and shared all properties.

In 1979, my mother got married.

Could you tell me , now my mother can go to court for property share or not ????

is there any act to married women who got married before 1985.

Please suggest me......


 5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     31 January 2012

After the death of a father succession opens immediately.  Daughters can seek their share in the properties of their ftheir father, they are entittle for equal share being a successors.

kvss.prabhakar rao (Advocate )     02 February 2012

Advocate Rajeev is correct.

K.P.Satish Kumar (Advocate)     03 February 2012

All the daughters have equal right now.

Gvinayprakash (advocate)     03 February 2012

daughters are can claim equal share.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     03 September 2012

it is understood that she got married in the year 1979 even though before 1985

the Hindu succession act 1985 says that she has equal rights ont he property of his father as her brothers

her brothers should have taken her and should distribute equally between them if you go to the court she will get the share from the property.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query