Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SEKAR XXXXX (Sr Engineer)     11 October 2015

Daughter rights for family settlement property

My Grandfather has two sons and one daughter

My grandfather and two sons has family settlement for the year of 1981. My father is youngest son of my grans father.

Now my aunty is telling he need the property of our share. Which was settlement done  in 1981 three of us( My grandfather and two sons). Lot of property sold eldest son.

Could you please share legal rights for my aunty’s claim of our property.


 2 Replies

Lawyer SALEEMA (Advocate Madras High Court & Legal Consultant Chennai Law in Law Firm. +91-9698884779)     11 October 2015

If the settlement was effected in the year of 1981, your aunt has no legal right over the property.

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     11 October 2015

Was it a registered family settlement and all the three personal had occupied their shares and get the share transffered in their names, as per to you settlement was done in 1981 if so then your aunt has no right to claim any share over the property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register