Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rekha Singh   24 June 2022

Daughter right on agricultural land

We have a 1300sqft  house in Uttarakhand on the name of my father in which we are living since 2009.

My father has passed away in 2019 without leaving any will behind.

We are three siblings (One brother and two sisters).

The registry of land(In 2015)  on which our house is constructed is registered as agricultural land, however, now it is a fully developed colony with more than 100 houses.

Now my brother is denying giving any share in the house to me and my sister. My brother left the house 10 years earlier and never took care of his parents.

After the demise of my father, he came and secretly get the mutation of the land (on which our house is constructed) done in the name of himself and my mother and he did it without informing my mother and also forged the signature of my mother for mutation.

If the house is constructed on agricultural land, can on that basis brother deny the share to the daughters?


 1 Replies

Sidhhi   24 June 2022

The law says all siblings have equal share in father's assets if there's no will and he died intestate. You need to file a suit with the help of a local advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query