Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anandan Rajamanicam (Engineer)     11 August 2018

Daughter can demand properties

Dear Experts,

Pl. kindly guide me.. My daughter and her mother staying away from my matrimonial house, Last 10 years both saying with In-law’s house, and I am staying alone.

My daughter file case demanding monthly maintenance charges, and also 50% share on my properties,

Fact is my father passed away about 48 years before, and Land’s and Properties legally on my mother’s name,  & I have 4 sisters, all married and settled,

My mother passed away about one year before, & she give entire properties on my name as a Gift deed, and then I got Release deed from each of my 4 sisters,

Considering every one have equal share on the properties,  Land ownership & documents transfer on my name about 8 years before.

Is it valid or correct .. my daughter can demand 50% share on my properties,

Can my daughter currently aged 22,  demand monthly maintenance & share on the properties,

The case initially filed at District and Sessions Court after 7 years the same case is transferred to Mahila court fast track,  after one years now they have taken for trail ..

Pl. guide me how to approach this case.   

Best Regards, 

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     11 August 2018

Dear querist,

Your daughter can claim reasonable expenses from you considering your status in society and living standred, if is she not earning or unmarried as per laws of land.

Your daughter is not entitled for any share in self made property of yours with your wish.

Any comment about case can only be made after considering complete fact of your case.

If interest can drop complete facts with petition at Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 August 2018

As explained in other threads initiated by you..

The wife and daughter can claim maintenance, expenses for marriage of daughter and claim that husband/father has means and resources to pay.

That seems to be the purpose and intent which you may understand from your own very able LOCAL senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Family/Civil matters and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules/laws and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt , by showing all docs for a considered opinion.

Your very able counsel is to help and guide you to defend your interest.

At each location three are some counsels that specialize in such matters and they are well known.

Check for such counsels at LOCAL Family/Civil courts, HC, SC……

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register