Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Irfana (Doctor)     02 July 2013

Date of birth issue in passport

Hi

I m a doctor. I have an issue regarding my date of birth. My DOB in birth certificate/passport(issued in 1993) is 28/8/1987.  BUT in my 10 th , 12 th certificate , mbbs registration certifcate it s 26/9/1987.As I would like to go abroad for work  , kindly give your advice regarding the procedures to make this correction, also which would be a better option - to correct certificates or passport??

Regards

Dr Irfana

Learning

8 Replies

Arpit lalan (Legal Consultancy/Advocate)     02 July 2013

Please note, its not upto you which to correct as per time and convienience. It is that what is the TRuth?? is the date of Birth on your Birth certifgicate and passport correct?? if Yes, then you have to get the certificates amended wrt to your DOB. by not getting it done your application abroad will not be accepted, even if accepted, by error, upon scrutiny they will be rejected. You need to get the DOB changes where it is incorrect.

Arijit Poddar (Business Development Manager)     04 July 2013

See, If you have a Birth certificate with your date of birth which is similar tour date of birth on your 10th and 12th certificate you try getting an appointment online through the passport seva portal nder section for rectification of personal information. But before that make sure that you have not provided them with any false documents if it is their mistake they are bound to rectify and if it is your mistake then you can be penalised. You can also get an affidavit solmnized in front of 1st Class Judicial Magistrate and get the thing rectified.

Regards

Jithin Raj (Student)     27 April 2014

hi

i am an engineering graduate.I have an issue regarding my date of birth..My date of birth in birth certificate is 09/08/1993...But in all my academic certificates SSLC,plus two, and degree certificates it is 09/05/1993..

when am applying for passport will this date of birth mismatch be a problem?..

Is there any problem if i apply with my date of birth in birth certificate?

can any one please say what are all the steps i need to take to fix this problem...

Thanks in advance..... 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 April 2014

I will agree with views of Mr Gautam Kapoor.  I would add

Truth is singular lies are many.

How is ti possible that someone's date of birth is wrongly recorded in schoopls records. Even if the parents are illiterate still teachers do check brith certificate and do not enter the date of brith unless they are satisfied.

In most of the cases parents do commit some deliberate fraud and hoodwing the school authorities and secure a wrong DOB.

In some cases schoold authorities negligently enter wrong date at board entrance stage but the data is cross checked and yet on receipt of matriculation certificate you had notice of wrong date of birth.

In some cases persons are born in a family of abject poverty and illteracy in a very remote area and none knows correct date of birth  In such case the assumed incorrect date is recorded every where be it matriculation certificate of or passport.

Date of birth at college level is the same as you report them.

Please come with truth. Without that proper advise cannot be given.

repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Date-of-birth-mismatch-101462.asp#.U1z_FqI1hn4

also repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=101461&offset=0#.U10C2aI1hn4

Jithin Raj (Student)     27 April 2014

sir actually teachers forced my dad to give wrong DOB so that i could get admission in first standard in the same academic year itself since i was not 5 yrs old at the time of admission..

Sia (lawyer)     05 May 2014

I read your issue if you have  any problem regarding legal document you visit our site.  we provide highest quality and most cost-effective legal outsourcing services.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register