Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil Jagropan kashayp (RF engineer)     08 March 2015

Date of birth correction in s.s.c board certificate

hi sir,

my name is sunil kashayp my query is regarding error in date of birth on my ssc certificate. Recently i observed there is mismatch of date of birth on my school ssc board certificate and 12th leaving certificate its a minor mistake but causing me major problems. My actual date of birth is 20-10-1988 where as on my ssc board certificate it is 20-9-1988 but on my leaving certificate of 12th and on my pan card, aadhar card, on my bank pass book everywhere  my date of birth is correct which is 20-10-1988. i have passed my ssc on march 2004, everywhere i used my mark sheet instead of board certificate i never used my board certificate anywhere that's why i wasn't aware of it i know its my mistake and i am accepting it but now i want to correct it, my father is not that much educated he didn't even submit my birth certificate in school not even he collected from thane muncipal office. I was born in thane currently i don't have any proof related to my birth. pls guide me to resolve this problem.

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 March 2015

Valid DOB certificates are at present issued by Tehasildars, Municipalities and there is a procedure for that and if you are born in a Nursing home, or if your birth is registered in any record, it is easier.  As a certificate from that Authority, a notarised affidavit with two gazetted authorisation, bonafide photo identity proof has to be filed (all attested) with prescribed fees and such printed application.

It takes time of two or three weeks normally, and it is a valid for all including passport.

Armed with that bonafide certificate, seek procedure from SSC Board for correction and their procedure.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 March 2015

Get an affidavit notarized and published in 2 newspapers followed by gazette notification and apply to the board with the notification for correction in certificates.

Best wishes,

Dr. (Major) J C Vashista, Advocate

Consultancy Room, Lawyer's Chamber Block, Delhi High Court, New Delhi-110003

Cell# +91 9891152939 email: majjagdish@yahoo.com

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 March 2015

What about your birth certificate issued by the competent authority for that purpose?, if it is having a different date of birth, you cannot do anything to correct the same in the educational records except to file a suit for declaring your correct date of birth and a direction to the concerned authorities to make correction in the educational certificates.  Consult a lawyer in the local and proceed as per his further advise.

Manohar Reddy Narra (officer)     23 May 2015

sir, how to change my name it had spellmistaken as monohar instead of manohar.how can i correction. i had passed out from 1998 batch.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     24 May 2015

Just apply to concerned authority that issued BC in prescribed application, with notarised affidavit attested by two gazetted officers and with a certified/attested copy that  shows correct name.  You may have to pay nominal fees and correction can be made in a day or two depending on your connections.  (You have not informed the certificate in which correction has to be made, and it is presumed that it is on BC)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More