LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manjit Singh (NA)     02 July 2009

Damage to Passport by complainant

My wife and her father took away my important documents from my home while I was away and tried to extort money from me.

Then they filed a DV petition in a District Court and attached my passport and PAN card to it and punched a hole through them and thus damaged them while attaching it with their complaint on their own without instruction from the courts.

What action can I take?  I have already filed a complaint of theft with the police but they are not registering an FIR saying it is a family matter.  How can I claim damages for destruction of my property.

Is there no legal redressal available to me?  I can't even apply for a new passport in lieu of the damaged one since no FIR has been registered.



 2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     02 July 2009

 when police have not regd., the case u have to file a private complaint in the court.

PARTHA P BORBORA (advocate)     02 July 2009

u may file a complain before a criminal court. also u can file an application before the District court about the damage caused to ur Passport nd pan card.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register