Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dipak Tiwari   01 August 2017

Damage of vehicle by mover and packer during transportation

Dear Sir 

I have given my car to a IBA approved Packer and Movers for transporation from Delhi to Patna. As per agreement the Agaency was supposed to deliver me the vehicle within 7 days but it was delivered after 29 days . But to my surprise they have damaged the vehicle and the vehicle is in worst condition, The vehicle had met with an accident in Delhi and it AIRBAG is also damaged and the front portion is damaged .But instead of informing they have repaired the vehicle through local mechanics and have debared me from getting the claim from Insurance Company . They tried to hide the fact that the vehicle hs met with an accident and have mentally harrased me resukting into financial loss. Now that I have submitted the vehicle for repair in Maruti Service station they have give me the Qutation of 1.4 lakhs which he is refusing to pay.In such case what should be my course of action.please advise

Learning

5 Replies

Jitendra Ahuja (Lawyer)     01 August 2017

Initially send him demand notice and if you availed services of transporter for personal use, you can sue them under consumer act or if any terms debars you as a consumer you will have to sue the transporter in civil courts. Concurrently you can file a complaint with police against transporter and the owner of transporter for criminal breach of trust
2 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     02 August 2017

Your case comes under the preview of Consumer protection Act .packer and movers had given you deficient services and violated the terms and conditions of agreement so they are liable to compensate you.

Susen Nath   02 August 2017

Yes I do all above advice.

Dustin Hunt   27 April 2021

Using your local listings is the perfect way to get the best Packers and Movers. According to the online assignment writing service, When moving hundreds or thousands of miles overnight, or if you'd just stop a long trip, recruiting transport services is always the best choice. 

Vesvirajet   26 June 2021

Are you looking for a digital voice recording artist as evidence? The fortunatos technique to record voice is here. For that reason you are not needed to get the complete idea of digital marketing. Still you would be amazed to read this blog and get the perfect ideas for unique perspectives.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register