dairy number supreme court


We are respondents.

We won a case in high court andhra pradesh. Petitioner has approached supreme court after 6 months and filed a Dairy number. the initial status is defective as a few documents are to be submitted. now the status of the dairy number shows Srutiny.

1:i understand the court is cross verifying the documents. Am i right?

2: if supreme court accepts the case how much money petitioner has to pay the court?

3: Are they changes of court accepting the case which we already won in district court and high court?

4: What is the best way to hire  a lawyer to take up the case from our side if the case number accepted in supreme court

Advocate-on-Record Supreme Court of India


Dear Querist,


Please note that since the matter is shown as scrutiny, suggesting that the same is under Registry process as per the Supreme Court Rules, 1966


Since you have won the said case in High Court, Andhra Pradesh, you have an edge over the matter.


Secondly, for filing an SLP in the Supreme Court, the Petitioner has to pay usual Court Fee.



Thirdly, since three Courts below including the AP High Court have given concurrent finding in your favour, you are in comfortable zone. However, alternate view to be taken by the Supreme Court would depend on the case itself and how the SLP is drafted and argued in the Court.


Fourthly, if you sincerely wish to monitor and defend the case, as you are for Respondents, you may file Caveat so that when the Petitioner's SLP comes up for admission hearing, no Order may be passed in your absence. 


Last but not the least is the fee part. As you may appreciate that fee would largely depend on many factors which may be negotiated while discussing the case with your lawyer handling the case in the Supreme Court. However, be assured, its nominal.


It is advisable that a Caveat may be filed immediately so as to face any other inconvenience in the Court.


Trust this would suffice.


Feel free to revert should you think its necessary.




Rabin  Majumder


Supreme Court of India 



Ch. 91, Sh. AK Sen Chambers Block, 

Supreme Court of India

New Delhi - 110001


As stated by Rabin, Court fee will be nominal but you can file caveat to oppose stay if likely to be granted.

Best way to engage a counsel is to enquire through freinds as to the lawyer suitable for your matter. You are better placed in negotiating fee if you proceed through someone you already know.


I think the time of filing caveat is gone now, that should have been done before the filing by the other side. Now you can only entrust an advoate by giving him your vakalatnama to plead your objection on the date of hearing of the case.



We are respondents.

We won a case in Patna high court. Petitioner has approached supreme court after 2.5 months and filed a Dairy number. the initial status is defective.


What is the time limit after which it will be decided whether the honourable Supreme Court is accepting his case or not?


In the meantime can i do something from my end to get the diary cancelled in its initial stage itself?.


Any helpful suggestions are welcomed.



Kumar Gaurav


Similer case as that explained above by shri kumar gaurau. Pl advice. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x