Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shaik abdul (tl)     21 November 2011

D ministry of law and justice,human rights,president of indi

Friends, 

I just created a petition entitled Ministry of Law and Justice,Human rights,President of India,Govt of India: Make 498a bailable, DVC Gender Neutral, Stop extortion by Educated Wifes., because I care deeply about this very important issue. 

I'm trying to collect 100 signatures, and I could really use your help. 

To read more about what I'm trying to do and to sign my petition, click here:
https://www.change.org/petitions/ministry-of-law-and-justicehuman-rightspresident-of-indiagovt-of-india-make-498a-bailable-dvc-gender-neutral-stop-extortion-by-educated-wifes?share_id=pKXxFTrcIZ& 

It'll just take a minute! 

Once you're done, please ask your friends to sign the petition as well. Grassroots movements succeed because people like you are willing to spread the word! 

mohammed

Learning

17 Replies

**Victim** (job)     21 November 2011

Shaik great initiative i hope law makers will consider your petition. I am just curious to know how would you send this petition to them ?

@ Victim : Thanks for +ve feedback. I have included email id of most prominent persons and editors of leading press and i am continuing to included more and more email ids as i recived from my well wishers. 

Whenever someone sings the petition it will trigger an email to these personalities. I believe we we succeed when each one of us open a new petition and cross sign the other petition so please sign my petition and open a new one it hardly takes  a minute of your precious time. Also dont forget to circululate these petitions among your friends, facebook and other social networking sites.

My inspiration is one such petition on change.org was successesfully heard recently which has recived 3000 signatures and indian govt  has assured to take action to save dogs in Hyderabad.

I am with you i remember this site was very popular in U.S. when bank of america raised it's fee lot of people signed online petiton and within few days major bank took their decision back. Great intiative i hoping law makers in india listen us.

• Ministry of Law and Justice,Human rights,President of India,Govt of India
  • kapil Sibal
  • President of India
  • Shatru Sinha
  • Prime Minister of India
  • Ram Jetmalani
  • Yerran Naidu
  • India press agency (GYAN PATHAK)
  • National Press Agency (BRIJ LAL BHARDWAJ)
  • Sidhu
  • Press Trust of India (DEVIDAS GUPTA)
  • India Tv News

All of them are will be notified

Thanks

Can you also sign and open a new petition and share this among your friends please.

Krishna Kumar (Business)     21 November 2011

You may change the sentance from Stop extortion by Educated Wifes. => Stop extortion by Educated Wives.

shaik abdul (tl)     22 November 2011

@ Krishna Kumar: Nice observation, I changed it accordingly.

@ All,

It was a great success 1st day of petition, It has grabbed the attention of 39 Signatures. I need your help to achieve the objective of communicating to the targeted poeple.

Please spread the word to sign this petition also if you see any improvement can be done and if you have the current email id of any person in the government or judiciary which you feel can feel the impact do let me know I will include it in the petition. When ever any one sign this petition it will trigger an email to those people in made as Target.

Thanks for all your help!!!!

Acheived a visible benchmark of 45 Members signatures across the globe within 24 hours.

Appreciate your contribution in signing the petition and your patience. We only know what is feels when you love the country and it ditches booking you under false cases which takes years to get justice and justice always not in favor of truth but in favor of false evidences and witnesses.

Friends, 
I am also a affected person just like you and trying to do litlle by raising these petition and hope to change the system. Our fight is with the system and we will definitely succeed and truth will prevail. 
System should be free of influence, full of transparency and justice should not be delayed and it should be equal for those who think they can do harm and go without any punishment. 
We want those greedy people who make us & our elder to suffer to a level of humiliation where it need so much courage to live in the society.

We only know how it feels when you sit in the accused box in the courts, with criminals in the lockup & jail.
So thanks again for your support and please spread word

Does signing petitions work?

The short answer is yes—signing petitions works.

Petitions put pressure on governments, corporations and others in positions of authority. They also make everyday people aware of important issues, making it more likely they will discuss them with friends, family, and neighbors.

The more people speak out—via online and real-life communities, social media and citizen journalism—the more an issue is noticed, and the less an issue can be ignored. Governments, corporations and societies are forced to listen and make changes.

Writing and signing petitions can work—and they have, many times. See Randy Paynter's article on thepower of internet petitions, a formidable refutation of Snopes.com's dismissal of online "slacktivism."

The reason we have such apathy in society today is because most people believe it's too difficult to have an impact and/or they don't believe they personally can make a difference. Because online activism makes it easy to get involved, millions more people than ever before are speaking up and taking action. And that's a good thing. Ask any hardcore activist you know - their first action probably wasn't storming the White House. Usually, activists start with simple steps, get some positive feedback, and then take it to a higher level. If we want a more engaged democracy we need to make it easy for as many people as possible to feel the joy of those first simple steps. Internet petitions are effectively a "gateway drug" to more civic engagement.
https://www.thepetitionsite.com/toolkit/petition-signatures-work.html

How online petition works

Delivering Petition Signatures for Maximum Impact

When delivering your signatures, consider your target and your objective. Have you called or met with your target to determine their position? Where do they stand on your issue? If your goal is to win over your target, you will likely want to impress them with the volume of people who agree with your position, as well as persuade them that these people matter.

Methods of Signature Delivery

• Hand Delivery
    Print the signatures and hand them to the target in person. This is an effective method for local issues, but can also be persuasive even on larger scale issues where the media will be present.
  • Postal Delivery
    Print the signatures and mail them to the target. Be sure to let them know the signatures are coming in advance of mailing them. And follow-up afterwards—that's your chance to press your case.

Alternatives

If your target is already on your side, you will likely NOT want to take an adversarial tone. Instead you can call or write to the target and point to the number of signatures showing support for the issue.

Sometimes, all you need is a clear mandate for action. The petition and its signatures can be referenced in ongoing discussions with the target, to persuade them to take your cause to heart.

Recruit Others to Help

It is very important to remember that you are not the only person who cares about your issue. Each person who signs your petition and reads your updates is a potential ally. Help them become advocates. Make sure the information you post is accurate and up-to-date. Don't overwhelm the petition with lots of dry facts, but include a link where people can go for additional information and downloadable resources. The more people you can recruit to help—even informally—the more opportunities there will be for others to hear about your issue.

**Victim** (job)     22 November 2011

Abdul you are talking about 100 petitions i think LCI itself has thousands of victims i wonder where all of them went. Common guys it doesn't take too much just to acknowledge the damn petition although we don't know if lawmakers will consider our request but there is nothing wrong in taking initiative. I request all of who are suffering from women biased laws to acknowledge petition.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     22 November 2011

Done. for whatever worth it is.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

**Victim** (job)     23 November 2011

Where is Zeeshan, Ayush, Ravinder, Arupji, Dipangkar ? common guys it doesn't take too much to do it

**Victim** (job)     24 November 2011

Just crossed remarkable mark of 100 petitions thanks for the support guys i want to keep this thread at the top of forum your support is appreciated.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register