LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arjun   01 January 2017


Hi Experts,

False cases are filed by wife and they are in pending. Mean while, in-law is stalking me over emails and othet communication channels with abusive and flirthy language.

i want to file a cyber case against him. On what sections i can file the case?

what is the process to file a cyber case?

Thanks in Advance,



 6 Replies

Vivek H Bedarker (A)     01 January 2017

Ok if you wish. But apparently no cyber crime committed. It is in continuation of existing case and luckily for you it is in writing. Assault proofs are pouring in as ready made as evidence. Cyber crime is normally against unknown people who defraud you or abuse you. But these are certified known people with known motive and intention. Sometimes hatred causes people to lose their common sense like your in laws.

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 January 2017

What is the opinion of your advocate?

Arjun   01 January 2017

Thank you Ramesh Singh.

I also feel the same. Can you explain me the process to log the cyber complaint.



Arjun   01 January 2017

Not only that, he is sending mails to my office and to my friends who are unknown to him.

So please advice how to proceed.

mahendra limaye (Cyber Legal Consultant)     17 February 2017

If contents of e-mail are filthy/vulgar then 67/67A of I T Act can be invoked.

Arjun   20 February 2017

Thank you Mahendra Sir,

How to invoke the case on IT act. Please help me in detail.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query