30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (Analyst)     28 October 2012

Customer harassment by airtel broadband

Dear sir,

I was having airtel broadband

I kept calling airtel for disconnection, as I had to change my flat since Feb 2012.

However that was never done. I changed my flat in Mar 2012, but airtel kept sending the bills. They sent me a bill for 2 months (Feb-Mar), whereas I had already left the flat in the month of march.

After lot of calls from money collector and airtel people, they agreed to settle the bill to one month bill

I had this thing in written on airtel letter head and also on mail, that the settling amont is Rs 1159.

I paid the bill of Rs 1160 in month of May. I do have the reciept for the same.

However now I am getting threatening call from airtel again stating that I was supposed to pay 2 months bill.

I have appealed to airtel at appellate.west@in.airtel.com, where I provided them the written proof from airtel and told them that airtel guys are giving me a tough time by calling me again n again.

appellate.west@in.airtel.com replied to me by asking me the details of the caller, I provided them with the details. They came back to me stating that - I am receiving collection calls and i should pay the oustanding bill.

To summarise -

1) Airtel made 2 months bill

2) Airtel agreed to settle for 1 month bill (Written proof from airtel)

3) That 1 month bill was paid (Receipt present with me)

4) Again getting threatning call from airtel that I have 1 month bill pending

5) Appeal was made to airtel appeal section (appellate.west@in.airtel.com) by providing them with all the necessary proof (Written statment from airtel, receipt number)

6) They replied that I am receiving collection call from airtel and I should pay the oustanding bills.


After all this I want to sue airtel for customer harrasment and not standing by whatever they promised.

Please advise legal action on the same.


PFA The letter from Airtel wherein they have agreed to settle the bill for 1 month.





 3 Replies

ajay sethi (lawyer)     28 October 2012

contact a local alwyer and issue legal notice to airtel . they will stop bothering you .

1 Like

ajay sethi (lawyer)     28 October 2012

you can  also file complaint against the company for deficency in service and seek compensation before the consumer forum

1 Like

Rahul (Analyst)     28 October 2012

Thanks Ajay for the reply!

Could you please let me know as how to file a case in consumer forum?

Also how long consumer forum takes time for result?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query