I was having airtel broadband
I kept calling airtel for disconnection, as I had to change my flat since Feb 2012.
However that was never done. I changed my flat in Mar 2012, but airtel kept sending the bills. They sent me a bill for 2 months (Feb-Mar), whereas I had already left the flat in the month of march.
After lot of calls from money collector and airtel people, they agreed to settle the bill to one month bill
I had this thing in written on airtel letter head and also on mail, that the settling amont is Rs 1159.
I paid the bill of Rs 1160 in month of May. I do have the reciept for the same.
However now I am getting threatening call from airtel again stating that I was supposed to pay 2 months bill.
I have appealed to airtel at firstname.lastname@example.org, where I provided them the written proof from airtel and told them that airtel guys are giving me a tough time by calling me again n again.
email@example.com replied to me by asking me the details of the caller, I provided them with the details. They came back to me stating that - I am receiving collection calls and i should pay the oustanding bill.
To summarise -
1) Airtel made 2 months bill
2) Airtel agreed to settle for 1 month bill (Written proof from airtel)
3) That 1 month bill was paid (Receipt present with me)
4) Again getting threatning call from airtel that I have 1 month bill pending
5) Appeal was made to airtel appeal section (firstname.lastname@example.org) by providing them with all the necessary proof (Written statment from airtel, receipt number)
6) They replied that I am receiving collection call from airtel and I should pay the oustanding bills.
After all this I want to sue airtel for customer harrasment and not standing by whatever they promised.
Please advise legal action on the same.
PFA The letter from Airtel wherein they have agreed to settle the bill for 1 month.