Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MANISH NATH (LEGAL OFFICER)     19 November 2009

custody of tower materials

If a landowner illegally withhelds tower materials of a company, and if after submitting FIR, nothing happens, what legal remedy is available.

Will we file Criminal revision or Writ under Article 226/227 to  register in accordance with law and give custody of the materials.



 2 Replies

S.B.adil rahman (Legal Consultant )     06 January 2010

Please first clarify that why and how  the with holding of the material by the land lord has been termed illegal ? If lodging the FIR has not worked, without going in to long battle and expenses, you can ask for the information on the  status of your complaint from the Public Information Officer of the Police Department under RTI Act 2005. This will surely work and they will be able to tell you that why they did not entertain your complaint. Whether the nature of the complaint was criminal or civil depends on getting information from the Police Department. High Court options are always open. But bettr you exhaust the alternative  remedies.

shamina sayed (Advocate)     06 January 2010


Please extend the facts of the case.and aslo what you want now?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register