LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vasudeva   10 July 2016

Custody of minor daughter

Myself Vasu and i am christian. My daughter settling divorce in medition.  Husband agre give soul custody of minor daughter 15 years but no mainteance.  this enough or she ask for guardianship also. What difference in soul custody and guardiandship? 

Learning

2 Replies

Kunuthur Srinivasa Reddy   11 July 2016

Sole custody implies guardianship as well. Just treat the maintenance as trash and do not care for it. Let your daughter bring up her daughter with her own hardwork and resources, no matter how difficult it is. These are the days where no human ethics and values exist except on rarity. 

Sandhya Srinivas (Advocate & Legal consultant)     11 July 2016

Guardianship and custody of child is upto 18 years only. Your granddaughter is already 15 years. Nothing to be worried about Guardianship. As a Biological mother your daughter has got all the rights towards her daughter and your son-in-law also agreed for custody.

Regarding maintenance: if any clauses have not implemented in mediation report related to maintenance, then your daughter and grand daughter are entitled to maintenance and can file the maintenance petition before court. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register