Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Sachin (Social Service)     18 January 2020

Custody of kids 13 year and 9 year

Hello, I have two kids. Son 13 year and daughter 9 years. I am staying with wife and kids in rented house but wife always misbehave and insult. I am planning to get seperate. Is it advice to file joint custody under GWA rather than sole custody of kids. Honestly I want attention of both father and mother for kids as in husband wife fight, they will suffer. So I am in opinion to file joint custody. I know wife will not agree and inreturn she may file few false cases. Please suggest what shall I do as it's now become impossible to live with her. It's delhi matter. Thanks


 5 Replies

Kumar Sachin (Social Service)     18 January 2020

I have gud bonding with kids and many cards which they make for me without reason but incase court will ask anything to them, then they will not say openly that they will stay with me as their mother will surely poisoned their mind.

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     18 January 2020

this is one issuee you are taking, what about your stand on divorce, manitinance and alimony?

Kumar Sachin (Social Service)     18 January 2020

What I have heard so far is that proceed divorce first is not a good move so I don't want to apply. Wife is financially strong and working. At present, I am looking for kids custody and then fight on merit basis wht new cases she will file and what demand she put.

shamataneja (Advocate)     21 January 2020

Firstly, if u can pursue your wife to take divorce by mitual consent then u both can enter into terms and conditions feasible to both of you. Family courts now encourgaging counselling for living together peacefully. If u are unable to bring situation under control then u will have to opt for divorce

Have a Heart Foundation (Sales & Mktng)     02 February 2021

A Survey is being conducted for Reforms in functioning of Family Courts in India.

Separated Parents in Child Custody / Visitation disputes are requested to participate and fill the form in link below.

Our Children Deserve Better

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register