LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raja (NA)     14 March 2015

CSR and Non-Traceable certificate

Experts, thoughts please - Filed a complaint with police for lost property(land) document and the complaint was accepted. After few days police gave Non-Traceable certificate.

* Is this sufficient to sell/buy the land or is the FIR mandatory?

* The Non-Traceable certificate is issued on a white paper with the police station seal and signature of the inspector. You would expect the certificate with some kind of government logo (just like the petition receipt). Is this valid?


 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 March 2015

On the basis of the complaint, the police will issue the non traceable certificate and you can obtain a registration copy of the sale deed/parent deed title document from the registrar's office.  For further opinion on the purchase of the property, you must obtain an opinion from a local lawyer and proceed as per his advise.

Satish Mishra   14 May 2018

It is nothing but a confirmation on legal paper that the Asset/property is now gone.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register