Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil Kumar (IT)     16 March 2015

Cruelty proved - possible punishment (contested divorce)

Hi Experts,

What is the possible punished if the cruelty is proved against husband. This is a contested divorce case, I have agreed for divorce filed by my wife. She filed it under section 13 i a

Note: Please dont think that i did some cruelty to my wife, I didnt do anything wrong. Just asking if she brings some fake evidences in court.

thanks,

Sunil.

Learning

4 Replies

K.P.Satish Kumar (Advocate)     16 March 2015

Family court has no power to award punishment but it can grant divorce ont he ground of cruelty.

Born Fighter (xxx)     16 March 2015

what silly question is this ? If you have not done any cruelty then why on earth do you want to accept it , you should be contesting the case strongly denying the cruelty charges and exposing the lies rather.

you should agree for divorce stating cruelty was imposed on you by her and  not vice versa

Born Fighter (xxx)     16 March 2015

what silly question is this ? If you have not done any cruelty then why on earth do you want to accept it , you should be contesting the case strongly denying the cruelty charges and exposing the lies rather.

you should agree for divorce stating cruelty was imposed on you by her and  not vice versa

rising up again (FFF)     17 March 2015

Indian Laws.....are strange... 

IF a man does cruelty, he can be punished....but vice versa....a woman cannot !! All a man can expect is a divorce....but he should be happy to get one....!!! 

Now, if the cruelty by husband on wife........is proved in the court....... the wife may get a divorce easily...... which in any case....the husband should be happy about  !!  ALSO, the court...may give a punishment ..depending on the amount and seriousness of cruelty...  BUT, this may take years and years....and the husband can go to higher courts....and fight for his case.... this will anyhow... break the patience of the wife..and she would settle for a MCD.

In short.... if you have done anything wrong and you think you may be punished.......  linger the case as much you can......... !! nothing happens..........in short duration's here !!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register