LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhaskar for SOCIAL JUSTICE (Legal & Social Activist)     27 October 2011

Cruelty against husband


Dear Experts,


What are diferent forms of cruelty / harrasment by wife and her paretns against husband on the basis of which strong case can be filed against her.


Please advice.


Tx and regards


 4 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     27 October 2011

same section of law in IPC 498a, you can file a complaint to the police officer, with same provisions.

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     27 October 2011

The attached file containing a supreme court judgement may help u out in ur query ......

Attached File : 30817 219541 12 50 supremecourtjudgementondefinitionofmentalcruelty.pdf downloaded: 279 times

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     27 October 2011



Mr. Mohd Ali .... how can husband invoke section 498A against his wife ?????  when it is specifically meant for women who are subjected to cruelty by husband or relative of husband


Husband or relative of husband of a woman subjecting her to cruelty.

498A. Husband or relative of husband of a woman subjecting her to

cruelty.--Whoever, being the husband or the relative of the husband of

a woman, subjects such woman to cruelty shall be punished with

imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years and shall also

be liable to fine.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     27 October 2011

yes that judgement may help your part

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register