LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Evenmore (Private)     22 May 2014

Crpc 91 in civil suit applicable ?

Dear Experts,


Please let me know if one can file a petition u/s CRPC 91 in a civil suit (read as money suit) asking the plaintiff to submit all the relevant documents related to the case. The plaintiff is not submitting the documents and withholding them from submitting to the court.


Or is there any other section under which we have to request if not CRPC 91 ?


Please advise.


Thanks in advance.


 6 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     22 May 2014

No,application u/s 91 of Cr.P.C is not maintainable in civil suit.You can file application to get submitted the documents from opposite party u/order 11 rule 14 of C.P.C.

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     22 May 2014

Evenmore (Private)     22 May 2014

Thanks Adv. Bharathesh Goyal.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 May 2014

Criminal laws do not apply to civil laws, for the subject issue since Advocate Mr.Goyal has already given a clear picture, I endorse the same and have nothing more to add except to ask you that whether this query was raised by you on your own without consulting your advocate? Please contact him first on such issues.

Evenmore (Private)     24 May 2014

Thanks Adv. Kalaiselvan. I will speak to my advocate.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     20 June 2014

There is a provision in the CPC.  Cr.P.C provision is not applicable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register