Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anju jain (lawyer)     31 March 2009


what is the next step on revision being dismissed by sessions court. thanks



 9 Replies

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     31 March 2009

approach to high court u/s 482 cr.p.c. or file a writ petition under art. 227 of  the constitution.

anju jain (lawyer)     31 March 2009

can't i file appeal?

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     31 March 2009

No. there is no provision of appeal against revisional order. pls note that revision itself is filed when there is no right to appeal.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     31 March 2009

See whether the Order of dismissal is barred under 379 (2) of the criminal procedure Code of 1973, if it is barred you can not go for 482 CrPc, but as pointed out by Dr.Tripathi, you may go for 227 of the Constitution.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     31 March 2009

Read as 397 (2) CrPc.

PALNITKAR V.V. (Lawyer)     31 March 2009

Normally the remedy is by way of Writ.

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     01 April 2009

Invoke 227

Prakash S Thakkar (Practising Lawyer)     01 April 2009

normally what is the remedy if 397 (2) is dismissed at the sessions court.

B.N.Rajamohamed (advocate / commissioner of oaths)     05 April 2009

The next step is to file a quash petition befiore the high court to quash the order of the revisional court under section 482 Cr.P.C.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register