LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rani Kumar (Home maker)     01 December 2020

Crpc 160

Just received a summon through registered post from a village women police station under crpc 160 to attend enquiry tomorrow at their police station. The summon doesn't mention anything regarding the complaint! The person who gave the complaint is my mom and we have bitter relation and already there is a cheque bounce case NI 138 on her because she failed of return my money. Now that I reside since 2 years 500 kilometers away from the said police station in a different district but same state can they summon me all the way there just like that? What if I don't go there tomorrow and how can I buy some more(maximum) time? 

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 December 2020

Ultimately you require the services of an advocate to defend yourself both in a court or from police.  Establish a contact with a dependable advocate at the jurisdictional police station through a friend or relative and avail his guidance.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 December 2020

where a Section 160 notice is issued, it would also serve well, the interests of all, to provide a copy of the F.I.R to the noticee for him to optimally seek proper legal recourses and to choose from an array of legal options that maybe available to the noticee. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 December 2020

You need to attend the Police Station, may be at a letter date. If any complaint or FIR is registered, you are entitled to get a copy of the same.

Certainly, summons is unrealated to the cheque bounce.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 December 2020

Originally posted by : Rani Kumar
Just received a summon through registered post from a village women police station under crpc 160 to attend enquiry tomorrow at their police station. The summon doesn't mention anything regarding the complaint! The person who gave the complaint is my mom and we have bitter relation and already there is a cheque bounce case NI 138 on her because she failed of return my money. Now that I reside since 2 years 500 kilometers away from the said police station in a different district but same state can they summon me all the way there just like that? What if I don't go there tomorrow and how can I buy some more(maximum) time? 

The post do not contain/ suggest any dispute for consideration and obligation

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register