Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harish prabhu (advocate)     02 April 2010

Cross examination of Doctor

hey brothers,

I am going for the cross examination of the doctor who conducted the post mortem in  a murder case,,, would u ppl kindly post the questions i can ask him in the cross examination.... waiting for ur advices..... i am new into practice,,,, some common question to the expert witness would be helpfulll.  post mortem report says that the death is due to smothering,,,,,......i am a little confused whether to deny his report or to allow it, as all other witnesses have gone hostile.....

Learning

7 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     02 April 2010

If all other witnesses have become hostile then there is no wide scope to ask specific questions from doctor except the confirmation of all general facts of post mortem prevalent in the report itself.

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     02 April 2010

that muder case means u can ask just general question for case which will be related that means muder.. & that should me in writen from doctor with signatute & hospital stamp.

all the best

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     03 April 2010

Dear Harish, Smothering is not sufficient to give a detailes pattern of questions. How ever I will give you soem general questions.

How many years standing experience you have?

How many autopsy's you have conducted?

At what time you first saw the bod?

At what time you got information that the said dead body was broyght to the mortury for autopsy?

Who told you?

Have you seen any pictures of the body from where it was taken?

Have you got any idea about the scene of accuarance?

Have you veryfied the papers of the inquest?

Have you convinced the cause of death of the man/women after reading the inqust report?

Any possiblity of the causes of death is stated in the inquest?

Have you discused the matter with Investigating officer before the postmortem process?

What you did at the autopsy table first?

Who helped you?

What is there names?

Is any police personnals present in the autopsy room while the process goes on?

Who did the actual examination?

Didi you weighed the body?

Is there a balnce in the autospy room?

What was the weight before and afetr the autopsy?

Any injuries noted?

What is the osiision of the tongue?

What is the position of the lunges, throat, teeth, lips etc?

How yopu arrived at the conclusion? On the basis what authority?

NB: If you send the facts more quetions can be framed. Before you enter the court hall read the Modi on autopsy and Sothering death. Keep it mind that the expert is a real expert. So ask all level questions if it helps you directly and indirectoly? The scene may be a slushy area. But the inquest is not containing any slush on the body and the body in the Autopsy room also is free from slush then piut such questions to bring the fact that the bosy is planted there in the scene. GOOD LUCK

Adv.KC Suresh

1 Like

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     03 April 2010

When most of witness hostile, just formal questions needed. Select from questions posted by Suresh sir and ask in a cogent manner

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     05 April 2010

Dear Harish

Eventhough you have not expressed your acknowledgement of the opinion I put it to you to go deep into the time of death? how that was calculated by the doctor? K.C. Suresh

harish prabhu (advocate)     05 April 2010

thank u very much suresh sir, a bit busy in setting up new office, should v dispute the reason for death, the doctor suggests , death is due to smothering..........

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     06 April 2010

Dear Harish, Just give some details about your case then only specific opinion can be framed. KCsuresh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register