Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gdk (student)     20 July 2011

Cross-Examination

Dear friends,

can the Cross-Examination be re-opened after doing it.

Actually, my lawyer do not want asked certain questions which I wanted him to be asked to respondent and I cannot change him immediately due to the fact that only 1 day remained for the date and already my lawyer has taken 3 adjournments and not completed respondent's cross-examination. At every adjournment, he is asking 2 or 3 questions. Even Judge told to my lawyer that Iam seeing that you are asking questions only from one paragraph.

What to do? Can I change my lawyer at this stage.

Iam the petitioner herein.

Regards.

Learning

3 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     20 July 2011

Though it is the right of any lawyer to cross a witness as per his desire and way of questitioning but it you are not satisfied with him then can change/replace him with some other person of your desire

murugesanlawyer (md)     20 July 2011

An advocate is having a duty to act according to the instructions of his client. Generally the advocate know the way of cross examination and the nature of the witness. If you want to change the advocate it is your wish you can change after getinf no objection from the present advocate

Dr.Chandran Peechulli (Chief Consultants)     24 July 2011

Primarily the advocate engaged should view the clients interest but for colluding with the opposite advocate, with a wrong motive. If when asked, advocate justifies that clients change but he has to get along with his colleaques while in business of the courts.  Can HONESTY and INTEGRITY be instilled as a part  of professional code of conduct and ethics?  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register