LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More (     09 May 2011

Criteria of Filing a case directly in District/High Court

1. Can a case be filed directly in the High Court or the District court pertaining to either Civil/Criminal nature? What is the criteria of such a case?


2. What is the upper limit for civil cases in Subordinate Judge's court with subject matter of above 1 lakh rupees?


 7 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     09 May 2011

What's your case?

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     09 May 2011  saab aapki query app*rn hai!

kirpya kya case ka status hai batane ka kast kare!

there r so many cases file in diferent type of courts! (     09 May 2011

in my first question, i simply want to know that is there any case which can be filed directly before the High Court or all cases have to be filed in the lower court first and then upon appeal are trandferred to higher courts?

Damayanti (Unemployed)     10 May 2011

As above lawyers have said ,


It depends on many factors/types of jurisdictions. A few of criteria are as:-

Locational jurisdiction. Does locational jurisdiction lie in the first place ?

If yes then What's the case all about? is it civil, criminal etc?  type of offense in criminal jurisdiction

Pecuniary jurisdiction allocated to hierarchy within territory

Is it a new suit or appeal

Consurrent jurisdictions and/or forums


If there is no explicit jurisdiction to any case for which nothing is codified or vague, one can go directly to HC.


Anyting and everything that is not yet captured under any subordinate court jurisdiction under its territory, HC has powers to hear the matter.


Please correct me if I am wrong in my understanding... I am trying to learn the law.





Gulab (office boy)     06 August 2012

I also want ans for Can a case be filed directly in the High Court or the District court

Actually , I purches the flat having 2 room at groond floor and 3 rooms in 1st floor, and one person (now he is claming he is not having another place to live) is occuping that 3 room, even though he is occupain another one flat and he is having elecricity bill, ration card,election card,pan card and he purches moped before 11 month back and the adress is given in rto is another flat address. 

now the case in small cause from last 2.5 year, my property gov price is 18 lac

So please tell me Can i file case directly in the High Court without lower court .  

please suggest me...........................



Gulab (office boy)     06 August 2012

if i go step by step it will take more than 10 year after that what is the use

Ravi   21 August 2015

How to file a case in lower court ? basic steps?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query