Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karan (self)     20 September 2013

Criminal defamation

My relative file a  written complaint against me in the  police station , in his complaint he mention that  i am a person of "criminal character" . There was never any criminal or civil case on me in any court .

So can i fill a criminal defamation case against him on the word(criminal character) he use in his complaint.




 7 Replies


repeated below.Connection error.




until the matter in under investigation and unless you get a clean chit from the court if it goes beyond investigation,it's better to stay away from filing a case of defamation against that person.It's better to think right now about the defence.


Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     21 September 2013

What more has the complainant alleged



karan (self)     25 September 2013

it’s a property (home) matter, but our home is comes in lal dora.. so there is not any registry of this home , but there is electricity meter(since 1938)  which is on the name of my father(expire on 1974)  but my chacha ji says there is his share in this home , my chacha ji is NRI since 1960 , there is not any other proof , I have water bill on my name , phone bill on my name, passport , income tax returns  on my name , my children’s all certificates (educational, birth etc).

Now , he file a complaint in NRI police station  thrice time ,one of in his complaint  he mention that I am a "criminal character person"  , NRI police investigate this matter thrice  time , always he give use clean chit , even we give gavahi (witness) of 8 peoples (police ask only for 8)  of neighbors,  in this they all mention that he never saw my chacha ji in this home  ever (becz he shifted before 1960).

so from last 2 years he file 3 complaints in NRI police station (punjab) , so i just want to file encounter complaint , so plz guide my which path i chose ....



Adv. Neha ( )     29 September 2013

You should file defamation case only after getting a clean chit.


karan (self)     05 October 2013

NRI police gives me clean chit , they  submit positive report (in my favour) in commissionerate   ..... so how i hit back.... plz tell me safe and secure way...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query