Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghav   18 April 2016

Criminal defamation

Dear Sirs;

My uncle filed a case on me under IPC 504, 506, wherein the court has issued summons to me to attend before the court. Meanwhile my uncle has forwarded the ordersheets along with the covering letter to my office stating I am involved in the criminal case and to take appropriate action against me.

I understand the matter is still to be finalized by the  court based on the facts and evidences. Can my uncle send such letters to my office without the permissions/intimation to the court? can I file defamtion case against him? can any expert provide me some reference judgements in this regard?





 5 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     18 April 2016

Yes you can, but i would advise to wait for outcome of your case and the take head on.

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     18 April 2016



Your Uncle has no right to send the letters to your office, you can seek Injunction of the same and file defamation after the outcome of the case.


Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate


Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 April 2016

Agreed with experts.

pawan (student )     12 May 2016

Defamation case can be established in your case. Please seek solicitation from advocate in this regard. 

Raghav   12 May 2016

Thanks a lot sirs.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query