LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (fr)     24 June 2013

Criminal case(us of ipc) filed in trial court of one state c

Is a criminal case(us of IPC) filed in trial court of one state can be transfered to another court in different state?Is filing caveat in SC advisable to or TP(Criminal) is dismissed. Please guide me. Rgds, Raj


 5 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     24 June 2013

you can file caveat in SC and it is transferable 

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     24 June 2013

You can file caveat in SC and transferable.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     24 June 2013

On what grounds you seek transfer



Shonee Kapoor 
Handphone: +91-8010850498


If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Raj (fr)     25 June 2013

i have filed criminal case aginst my ex and Inlaws and I have apphernsion that on getting the summon they may approach SC for TP(CRIM)and I have seen that the SC  transfer  it in lady favor,so thinking of filing caveat. Sir,what is your opinion on it. Rgds, Raj

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     26 June 2013

Filing caveat will only alert you when case comes up for hearing.  You will get notice when case comes up for hearing anyway.  Filing caveat is not an alternative to defending a Transfer Petition. You will have to face it anyway.  If you apprehend that notice will not be served and decision will be taken exparte without hearing you, then file caveat.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query