LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hemant Taylor (ADVOCATE)     05 November 2015


In 2006, Fir was lodged and police filed challan under section 299 as the police failed to apprehend the culprits. In 2006, prosecutricx gave her 164 statements conceding to the fact of rape and disclosed the names on the accused. After filing of the charge sheet on 22.9.2007, criminal case registered in court, however, the lower court till date did not issue standing warrant against the absconding accused persons.  complainant filed application to the court below for takinf action under section 81 and 82 of Cr.P.C against te accused persons and the same is pending.

Now ponits to ponder-

1. Whether complainant can move high court under section 482 direting the police authorities to arrest accused persons.

2. Whether complainant can move to high court u/s 482 read with 483 for seeking direction to the judicial magistrate to issue standing warrant of arrest agsint the accused persons.

3. whether complainant can ask for exemplry cost to delay in arresting of accused and delay in issuance of warrant of arrest.

4. Whether she can pray for police protection as a interim measure.

please reply soon with supporting judgements of Hon'ble sc or any other hc, i wud be very thankful to u.


 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register