Crime & arbitration

we invested in a business (franchisee), after a long time we came to know the reason of till date not commencement of our business is franchisor (A INDIAN REGISTERED COMPANY) make us full from so long time due to his license has already expired before we sign our agreement with arbitration clause

now company do not agree to return our investment and he said go to court and collect YOUR INVESTMENT AND may it will take 10-15 years.

finally we filed FIR, can you give me any idea HOW CAN we can recover our investment with losses an interest.


Issue notice under the Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1996 and immediately file Arb. O.P. U/s 9 of the Act in the District Court attaching all known properties of the defaulter. It will not take 10-15 years, if you have an arbitration clause in the agreement. Claim you have credible information that the defaulter is trying to sell of properties.

Hope this helps,

B S Rao

Total likes : 1 times




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x