Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sonal (housewife)     17 June 2010

Credit Crad recovery

Hi,

Good to know that we can get online help from this forum.
I am concerned about my Craedit card recovery, Round abt 7-8 years before i had one craedit card, which somehow blocked as i failed to pay the dues, after that i hv many cards of the same bank & many more other craedit card but i have very good relations with all banks.
Now after 7 years i got a registry from bombay hight court, which we didn't accpeted & after a month a goy came with police at my native searching for me. And now i feel that after 7 years of interest & late charges they ll claim more than 1lac rupees from me. In this situation what should i do. If i don't face them what ll happen?
Please help me urgently, i m in tensed..

Learning

5 Replies

Daksh (Student)     17 June 2010

Mrs.Sonal,

As a matter of right you can approach the court and seek bail in the matter.  The particulars of the matter could be traced by the cause title i.e. name of the bank Vs yourself.  Consult a competent Advocate in this regard or in the alternate go to the bank and try to thrash out the issue across the table.  Make them to give proposal in writing.

Best Regards

Daksh

SRIKANTH MYLAVARAPU (SENIOR OFFICER (LEGAL))     17 June 2010

madam

mam first of all i could not understand why the police people came to search.its entirely a civil dispute.

if the sace is an civil nature a women can't be arrested.dont get tensed.

you said you get an registry from the highcourt.with out an trial court summons how u will get high court summons.

plz talk with the bank officials

need not worry  as per u query from last 7 years u didnt pay the amount due cover under credit card as per my knowledge it an time bared debt.

kranthi (retainer advocate)     17 June 2010

first u  will go to bank and talk with them and know in detail wat yhe matter  then consult advocate tell the problem if necessry file a case before consumer forum

Pankaj Kundra (Advocate)     18 June 2010

Mrs. Sonal

You need to meet the bank officials asap. See the use of the credit card that u did not pay must also be a big amount as it cannot become 1 lac only by way of interest and the penal charges. . You need to ask for your usage by asking for the statements of your usage. Check your usage and then calculate how much interest is levied . Once you have done it ask the bank officials for a settlement amount . The bank employees would be happy to settle the card . See you cannot run away with the banks money. So its better settle your dues with the bank ..

Pankaj Kundra (Advocate)     18 June 2010

Also would like to clarify that the interest is not levied once the card goes into writeoff so it is not 7-8 interest that has been levied at the most there should only be one years interest and penal charges ..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register