LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Devender (Computer Operator)     24 October 2011

Credit card settlement

i have taken a credit card of HDFC bank and paid some installments, since some months i stopped payment, now they issued a notice from Lok Adalat, there i have agreed to pay an amount of Rs.15,000/- in 3 installments, but after signing on the papers of the court (signed by me and the concerned bank person) at last minutes the bank people said that they want one more day for taking permission from the head office as they would accept the amount settlement for Rs.15,000/- or not. After presenting the same words before the judge of Lok Adalat, he has given me the next day time and he informed that he will be arranging to make a call once the file is presented before him, but till now the bank people has not called me. I thnk thy will be file a suite against me for the claiming the amount of Rs. 43,000/- which is a total due (as per their account). kindly suggest me what to do

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 October 2011

Update the lok adalat  in writing, obtain a copy of the signed document and your letter to lok adalat and post your grievance at once to MD, with details.

Aditya Puri                                                                  

Managing Director

HDFC Bank Ltd.

Bank House, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel

Mumbai.

Email id: aditya.puri@hdfcbank.com

The practices of the banks are to dodge the law/law enforcement agencies. You shall find lots of decided cases against this and other banks/companies at

Confonet

confonet.nic.in

You shall find that this bank is a habitual offender.

Post a strong complaint to MD with a copy to RBI, and Lok Adalat. Ask the MD what all they want you to do and what action they have initiated against the employee.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 October 2011

The bank files case in permanent lok adalat which can be at state capitol. The lok adalat might have not recorded the statement of bank employee in file. You can inspect the file.

Since both parties have signed lok adalat might have closed the case with decision on final payment of Rs.15000/- Lok adalat should not fall into such traps and would close the case. If bank has filed any other document next day as stated to lok adalat, next day then it shall be in your absence. However you shall come to know about it when you approach lok adalat/inspect the file/obtain the certified copies.

Accordingly you can appeal to the lok adalat to take penultimate action against bank employees who represented the bank. The bank is supposed to send a competent employee only who is empowered to decide and sign on behalf of the bank.

You can ask Aditya Puri to state categorically/specifically, within say next 3 days (well within date of payment fixed by lok adalat so as to reach you 10 days in advance at their cost and consequences) what does he want you to do :to pay Rs.15000/- in 3 installments under proper acknowledgment and against NOC/NDC and CIBIL report showing clean credit history or if he does not subscribe to the decision of lok adalat.

Alternatively you can explain the matter to your lawyer and proceed accordingly.

The settlement shall affect your credit score, and shall reflect in CIBIL/credit report. You can obtain your CIBIL report from bank by paying an amount not exceeding Rs.50/-

(Guest)

@Kumar Doab. Adiya Puri is very tough. Lok Adalat won't do much but aditya Puri will. Email him at aditya.puri@hdfcbank.com

Always rembember to exhaust available remedies first before moving courts/adalats. CC a copy to pehredar@moneycontrol.com

(Guest)

File a complaint here too[It covers all countries]

https://www.ripoffreport.com/

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 October 2011

As suggested by Forum Romanum exhaust the available options and if  Aditya Puri does not respond forward to forums like :

pehredar@moneycontrol.com

They have attended to many complaints successfully.

Caution bank and Aditya Puri if they do not beg apology in writing you shall go public at their cost and consequences. The companies are wary of public shame and that is why you shall find HDFC, ICICI, Airtel , responding to complaints at public/consumer complaint  forums.

Rise and fight for your rights.

Sudhir Lal (Expert)     19 April 2013

I had a similar problem with CIBIL. I got in touch with Credit Sudhaar( www.creditsudhaar.com ) They are a crack team run by professionals from the financial services industry. Excellent responses, always available to take my queries.. These guys at Credit Sudhaar are ever reliable. you can contact them on 022-67886788

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register