LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ronak   23 August 2015

Credit card fraud

Somebody made transaction from my SBI credit card without my knowledge but i didnt share my card details with anyone.

on 26th July , i recevied a SMS on my mobile that "transaction of Rs 65900 made on your SBI credit card XX2988 at blue bird trading CO on 26th Jul 15." . i was shocked because that person who made this transaction was well aware about my credit limit which is 66000 rs , immediately i logged a complaint with SBI Credit Card team on emergency no and they logged a complaint with dispute form against merchant .

but as its a big amount for me so please suggest what i can do now as i found lots of SBI cases (online ) which shows me negative feedback from bank end .

i went to police station to complaint for this fraud case but they told me that we dont have any cyber crime cell in Ghaziabad so we cant help you on same.

Please help me to sort out this case before bank claim me to pay this amount.

Waiting for positive response.

Thanks in advance

Ronak Somani

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 August 2015

You have initiated another thread at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Payment-settlement-between-yatra-com-and-hdfc-bank-125995.asp#.Vdnuwn1-jMo

and seem to be using many CC and that too online.

Bank is liable for dataleak/cyber/IT fraud.

If you are unable to handle it on your own entrust it to your lawyer and pull them to DCDRF.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 August 2015

You have not stated whether card was with you or not.

lack of cyber cell is no ground for police to receive complaint.  Meet SP.

Ronak   28 August 2015

Dear Sudhir,

At the time of transaction, i have my card .

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 August 2015

Proceed further under expert guidance of an able counsel specializing in consumer cases.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register