LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajesh_cpt (n/a)     07 December 2007

Coversion of Agricultual lands

Sir. We would like to go in for purchase of an agricultural land. After purchase the same needs to be converted to non agricultual purpose say for construction of a ware house(commercial). The land is situate in Thiruvallur District in Tamil Nadu.

Can you please whom should approach for rates fo conversion, procedure to be followed.




 5 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     08 December 2007

RECLASSIFICATION OF LAND USE ZONE [align=justify]The Tamil Nadu Town and Country Planning Act 1971 provides for the land use variations under Sec.32 (4).  The requests for reclassification of land use zones of Master Plan / DDP are considered taking into account of the suitability of the site, accessibility, compatibility with the adjoining developments, impact on the environment etc.[/align] The procedure being followed for reclassification of land use is given below:-[list=1][list=1][*]Submission of reclassification application by the applicant to the Local Body.[/*][*]Forwarding of the application to CMDA by the Local Body along with their recommendation in the prescribed questionnaire form and enclosing the demand drafts for cost of Publication (Rs.7500/-) and Scrutiny Fee (Rs.1500/-)[/*][*]Receiving, Registering  the application in CMDA and Initial Scrutiny (Land use details).[/*][*]Detailed scrutiny of the Reclassification case and check for availability of all the particulars such as Ownership document, Patta, Chitta, Adangal, Topo plan etc.[/*][*]Particulars which were not enclosed / additionally required will be called for from the applicant.[/*][*]Publishing the reclassification request in the newspapers calling for objections/ suggestions from the public, giving 21 days time.[/*][*]Receipt of objection / suggestion from the general public with reference to the notification if any are examined on its merits and reported to Technical Committee / Authority for decision.[/*][*]Inspection of the site by an official of CMDA.[/*][*]Obtaining the clearance from the TNPCB, TNHB, CMWSSB, PWD etc. wherever necessary.[/*][*]Placing the subject before the Technical Committee.[/*][*]Placing the subject before the Authority along with Technical CommitteeΓÇÖs recommendation for approval[/*][*]Publication of variation notification in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette.[/*][*]Republication of the notification as per rules.[/*][/list][/list]

rajesh_cpt (n/a)     11 December 2007

Thank you very much for the details sir.


Krishnaraj P R


kavitha (lawyer)     16 August 2008

thank you very much mr. prakash its really informative kindly give more information about this

Smith Wonka   02 July 2016

Our team of personal injury lawyers has almost 35 years of court room and mediation experience, rigorously advancing personal injury and insurance claims and ensuring our clients get the compensation they are entitled to under the law. Personal injury law is all we do.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register