LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anononymus (Business)     20 June 2010

court order for psychiatrist help

My wife is showing some signs of mental disorders over the last one year. We have been married for five years. 1. she is either in the state of grandeur or depressed.2. She is not working but keeps plundering my hard earned money.3. she is shopaholic and buys very expensive items much  beyond Ii can afford or think..4. she demands the money on a gun poinrt, if not given, threatens to leave me or commit suicide 4. She keeps harassing me all the time on very trivial domestic matters and calling the local police and complain against me.. 5. She refuses to accompany me to a consellor/ psychirist for help. 6. she has made my life  a hell in my own house over the last one year.

Is it possible to get court order for diagnosis of her mental disorders by a mental health hospital of a recognized Govt. hospital and necessary treatment.. I feel seriously  that she is definitely  a case of  obsessive cumpulsive behavior or bipolar personality ( manic- depression) or some other psychosmatic problem. Thanks in advance for your kind response to my  nerve wrecking  marital problems. 



 5 Replies

mahendrakumar (marketing)     21 June 2010

before moving to court for interference in this case,have you sought the assistance of family members and her friends so that she could be persuaded for a psychiatric intervention/treatment.

only after exhaustion of all other options try for court help.

Suresh Ram (Business)     22 June 2010

You appear to live in utopia. To connect with the present  visit and try to save yourself.

kranthi (retainer advocate)     24 June 2010

 i think there is no provision  to get order from court to take hospital, u better  to take support of u r family members.  if u want  any divorce from her it is a good ground to succeed

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     02 July 2010

collect documentry evidence of few such instances and than apply to court for conselling / psychiarist help.

Devesh A. Bhatia (Advocate)     04 July 2010

I agree with Mr. Shashi Kumar. Alongwith gathering evidence of such incidences call a pshyciatirist at home posing as your friend and gauge the behavior of your wife. If he finds the symptoms of pshycological disease then you may pursue her for treatment and upon her refusal you may move to court with evidences that you have collected, pchyciatrist's testimony and a divorce petition

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query