Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr.Ziya Pathan (Lecturer)     20 June 2012

Court order for birth place

Respected Sir/Mam,

I have applied for Passport but the problem is that, Though I am born in Belgaum, Karnataka, I dont have the birth Certificate and in my X Standard Transfer Certificate the Place of Birth is wrongly mentioned as Jammu & Kashmir(as my father was in army he was transfered to Jammu & Kashmir and this was casually discussed with the Head Master and he mentioned the same in birth place). We didnt bothered about that at that time, thinking that it will not make any difference.

But, As I am born in Belgaum(Karnataka) in a village called ganeshpur(at home), I did my I, II, III standard from Belgaum then shifted to Poona as my father got transfered there, then later we returned to our home town Belgaum and I completed my Graduation, M.A, Ph.D and 10 years of Service as a lecturer.

The passport authority wants me to submit the Court Order of my Birth Place as Belgaum.

Sir, I am loosing so many job opportunities in abroad beside being a Ph.D holder. I am fed with my life and the rules, sometimes feel like committing suicide. I humbly request you to provide me the quickest procedure to get the court order for my birth place i.e., Belgaum.

Learning

3 Replies

Gopikrishna Kalyanam (Lawyer)     20 June 2012

Dear Dr.Ziya,

Greetings. You should approach an advocate. Here in Chennai, there is a Court in the annexure of the Corporation of Chennai dealing with such matters. Please verify at Belgaum. It proably will take only a few weeks for you to get the declaration.

Best Wishes

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     20 June 2012

@ Author

Yours is a case for applying for
'fresh passport' and not of 'correction of entries'

All that you need are these three documents;

A. Proof of present address

You are required to submit atleast 1 of the documents listed below.

1. Water Bill

2. Telephone (landline or post paid mobile bill)

3. Electricity bill

4. One year statement (with transactions)/ Passbook of running bank account (Scheduled Commercial bank excluding Regional Rural banks and local area banks)

5. Income Tax Assessment Order

6. Election Commission Photo ID card

7. Proof of Gas Connection

8. Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head

9. Spouse's passport copy (First and last page including family details), (provided the applicant's present address matches the address mentioned in the spouses passport)

10. Applicant's current and valid ration card 

11. Parent's passport copy, in case of minors(First and last page)

Note (For Document No. 1, 2, and 3) : Atleast 2 bills are required - One bill should of be of last year and the other bill of current year. 

Note (For Document No. 8) : Only public limited companies can give address proof on company letter head along with seal. Computerised print-outs shall not be entertained. 

Note (For Document No. 10) : If any applicant submits only ration card as proof of address, it should be accompanied by one more proof of address out of the given categories. 

B. Proof of Date of Birth

You are required to submit atleast 1 of the documents listed below.

1. Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authority or any office authorized to issue Birth and Death Certificate by the Registrar of Births & Deaths

2. School leaving certificate / Secondary School leaving certificate/ Certificate of Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution

3. Affidavit sworn before a Magistrate/Notary stating date/place of birth as per the specimen in Annexure 'A' by illiterate or semi-illiterate applicants (Less than 5th class). 

C. Documentary proof for any one of the Non-ECR (previously ECNR) categories

You are required to submit atleast 2 of the documents listed below.

1. Matriculation Pass Certificate

2. School leaving certificate / Secondary School leaving certificate/ Certificate of Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution.

You have told us everything in your brief except whether do you have a Birth Certificate issued by a competent authority and from which State / City you have done your Matriculation / SLC / SSLC?

Reason why I suggested that you need only above three documents for 'fresh passport issue" are as follows;

1. Yours is a case of "fresh passport" and not "re-issue of passport" and or even that matter "correction in passport entry".

2. Declaration Order is required when "correction in certificate" is needed. You donot even have Birth Certificate or any SLC / SSLC certificate (which is not mentioned here) so what Declaration Order Court may give?

3. There is no wrong entry in Birth certificate nor SLC or SSLC Certificates case here.

4. You confused the Passport Officer while filing the Form by telling him about J&K Transfer Certificate and a Transfer Certificate has no public document meaning before eyes of Law in matters as asked here.

5. There is no hint of your Birth Certificate OR 10th. Class Certificate in the absence of Birth Certificate hence I suggested you only for above three documents which are sufficient to get "Fresh Passport" why complicate matters?  

bharathram (projekt manager)     22 June 2014

Originally posted by : Gopikrishna Kalyanam

Dear Dr.Ziya,

Greetings. You should approach an advocate. Here in Chennai, there is a Court in the annexure of the Corporation of Chennai dealing with such matters. Please verify at Belgaum. It proably will take only a few weeks for you to get the declaration.

Best Wishes

Dear Gopikrishna , 

I am also facing same problem . can you please suggest some lawyer who can give me Courtorder . 

my email address is bharathram.v@gmail.com 

regards, 

Bharath

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register