LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lakshminarasimhan.N (Consultant )     04 September 2012

Court order copy

Myself and my partner got seperated (got diversed) few days back and lawyer told we will be getting the "order copy" only after 15 days of the verdict. Now the lawyer says my physical presence is mandatory to obtain the "order copy", but shortly i am travelling "abroad" in this case, is there any possibility that my brother or dad can appear on my behalf and collect it? What is the procedure for it? 


 3 Replies

rajiv_lodha (zz)     04 September 2012

If u r sure that order has been passed in ur case, then no need for physical appearence to get a certified copy. Ask ur lawyer what is the excat scene, whether order passed or not, who has directed him for physical presence.

May be he is looking for some $$.

surjit singh (Assistant)     04 September 2012

When the order/judgement is passed there is no question of presence of parties while obtaining certified copy, any body can obtain the certified copy of the order because the order passed by the court comes under the definition of public document.

ask-n-kno (employee)     05 September 2012

there is no question of physical presence of u..,required for obtaining the order copy of the judgemnt ..,

u can contact the concerned clerk of that court . make a plain application with 5 rs court fee stamp affixed on that paper., u wil get it immediately and free of cost.

lawyer may be trying to make money out of it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads