Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

love (Manager)     25 November 2013

Court marriage procedure and expenditures

sir ,

i want to do court marriage as i think doing marriage ceremony is a wastage of money. i want to do it in dwarka (Delhi). you please suggest me the procedure and estimated expenditure including file work and all fees.

thanks in advance..

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Ashok Kumar (Counsel)     27 November 2013

Hello,

A court marriage is provided for under the Special Marriage Act, 1954, under which SDMs/ADMs/Deputy Commissioners have been authorised as Marriage Officers. You will have to approach the office of the SDM/ADM/Deputy Commisioner of the district in which you or your future wife currently reside. For solemnization of marriage, presence of both parties is required after submission of documents of issuance of notice of intended marriage. A copy of the notice is pasted on the office notice board by the ADM. Any person may within 30 days of issue of notice, file objection to the intended marriages. In such a case, the SDM shall not solemnise the marriage until he has decided the objection, within 30 days of its receipt. If the ADM refuses to solemnise the marriage, any of the parties may file an appeal within 30 days to the District Court. In case no objection is received, the ADM solemnises the marriage after 30 days of the notice. Both parties alongwith 3 witnesses are required to be present on the date of solemnisation of marriage. It is advisable to submit names of witnesses atleast one day in advance. You will need to find a good lawyer who can guide you through the entire process and help you file the correct forms and affidavits.

Regards,

Advocate Ashok Kumar; www.lawkonect.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register