IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandeep verma (advocate)     15 August 2011

Court marriage procedure...

 Documents  required  for the performance and registration of court marriage…

 1.Passport Size Photographs – four each of Marrying Persons.

2.Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Car / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Lease Deed / Rent Deed) of Marrying Persons.

3.Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, Xth or XIIth Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons.

4.If any party is divorcee   Certified copy of Degree of Divorce granted by the Court.

5.If any party is widow / widower Death Certificate of the dead spouse.

6.If any party is a Foreign Citizen or holding a foreign Passport or is having foreign residential address – Certificate of Present Marital Status of the party / No Impediment Certificate / NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA.
7.Two Witnesses ( Both should be major )



 6 Replies

PIYUSH (STUDENT)     15 August 2011


is the physical presence of both d parties necessary???

sandeep verma (advocate)     15 August 2011

yes piyush, 

physical presence of both the parties is very compulsory...

for more details on court marriage you can call us 0n 9818673748.

shivangi sharma (none)     20 August 2011

if 1 party is already married but there is no registration of his 1st marriage den will dis be treated as his 1st marriage as per law???

sandeep verma (advocate)     20 August 2011

yes shivangi  as per hindu personal law marriage without  registration is also a valid marriage...

for more details you call us on 918673748.


Useful information.  However, can you enlighten what procedures are to be undertaken if  two persons belong to two different religions please.

Manvendra (DPM)     27 May 2013

Mr Sandeep Verma and Arvind Verma  ( Chamber No B136 and Chamber No 127 Tiz harzri Court ) are fraud advocate dont hire them , they will charge both party and double cross both the parties also they dont even communicate 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query