LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tenzin Namgyal (Advocate)     22 April 2010

court marriage

i am residing in bangalore.could anyone tell me what is proper procedure in court marriage in bangalore?

thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Alok Motan (Advocate)     22 April 2010

i am sorry but ur query is not specific and clear.....u neeed to know abt court marriage or registration procedure....?? for court marriage u need to apply first and u would be given a months time...and by that time a notice on the notice board along with the notice to both the families would be sent ...so that if anybody has any objection to the marriage can come forward and object to it.....

but if in case u are already married u just need to register ur marriage .........u need to tell the details of the parties.....how and what type of marriage is that....?? i mean a Hindu marriage or covered under special marriage act.....the procedure all over India would be the same...except certain special formalities to be fulfilled.....

A marriage which has already been solemnised can be registered either under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable in cases where both husband and wife are Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs or where they have converted into any of these religions. Where either of the husband or wife or both are not Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs, the marriage is registered under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     23 April 2010

There are vaious provisions for marriage.

First marriage with consent of parents,, other against the wishes of parents.

Here i think u want to know agaisnt the wishes.

Therefore further there are various way out in such situation. So to know the right way you have to share words with me to get the right solution.

Because only after knowing your situation and your desire and requirement, i can guide you properly.

Regards

adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

M:09814110005

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     23 April 2010

There is nothing like 'court marriage' - No court will perform a marriage.  Registration of marriage is the only official confirmation of the marriage.  Court will interfere only in the cases of divorce and other matrimonial offences and reliefs, but it will not perform a marriage.   

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register